E-mail directory (LDAP)
Users of Outlook can use the Outlook Global Addressbook to quickly find the e-mail addresses of other employees.
By using LDAP you can get functionality similar to this addressbook in most other mail clients. Mail clients that have LDAP support include:
- Outlook Express
- Mozilla Mail (Thunderbird)
- KMail (configure via KAddressbook)
The LDAP server details, as they should be configured in your mail client, are:
- Server: openldap.tue.nl
- Port: 389
- SSL (Secure Connection): No
- Authentication / Login method: Anonymously
- Search base: dc=tue,dc=nl
- Scope: Sub (tree)
Note: For security and privacy reasons, the LDAP server is only available from the TUE network.