BCF lends one of the available beamers to people needing it for these purposes:
- you are a member of the faculty, and need to give a talk somewhere on the TU/e
- you are a student of the faculty, and need to give your final talk on the faculty
In case you think you need a beamer but do not qualify according to the above list, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try and find a solution.
Connecting the beamer
Connecting the beamer to one of the laptops from BCF is not entirely intuitive, due to the high default resolution of the laptops. Please follow the steps below to make sure that your image is shown on the beamer:
- Connect the beamer after starting the laptop.
- Click on Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Display Properties.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click on Advanced
- Check the Primary Display box, and click on OK.
- Set the resolution to 1280 by 1024 pixels in 32 bit color.
- Click on OK until all screens are gone.
- Press the input switch on the beamer until the screen says RGB Input.
- If you dont have any image on the beamer then press the FN + F8 keys once at the same time. If this hasn't any result press it once more.
fig. 1: Changing resolution
When you are done using the beamer, simply remove it and then reset your resolution using the method above. The laptop will automatically reset the Primary Display. Note: only switch off the beamer when the fan has stopped!