- Only students and employees of the fcaulty are eligible to make
reservations for hardware. Students need to identify themselves using
their student ID.
- Reservations can be made at the helpdesk.
- Hardware can only be on loan for a maximum of two weeks.
- Reservations can only be granted if they are made at least
one week in advance.
- Hardware should be picked up at the agreed upon time, and returned to
before the agreed upon end time at BCF.
- In case of a reservation conflict, we will grant reservations in
the following order of priority:
It can occur that a reservation will be canceled because of a
higher priority reservation, but this can only happen more than
one week in advance. Furthermore, in practice, BCF has enough
hardware available except in very demanding times, so this is
a very rare occurance.
- Educational and research activities (lectures, seminars, etc)
- Student activities (e.g. for the student association) for which
an exception has been made. Students are normally only
allowed to borrow hardware for study-related activities.
- Users are responsible for returning hardware in good order.
- Users may not reconfigure hardware on loan
- Users must inform BCF when they have made extensive changes to the
preinstalled software (e.g. installing another operating system).
- Any data on the hardware is the responsibility of the user. There
are no backups.
- On request (made at reservation time), or after a certain amount of
time BCF will reinstall the hardware so as to allow users to work
in a clean environment.
- Users are responsible for making sure that their software works.
Please allow some time in your schedule for testing your
presentation beforehand. We are not as good at fixing errors
with an audience impatiently waiting as we are at the helpdesk.