Outlook, filtering spam
You can filter spam using Outlook by following the procedure below:
- Start Outlook
- Select Tools -> Rules and Alerts
- Click New Rule...
- Select Start from a blank rule, make sure that
Check messages when they arrive is selected, and click
- Click on the checkbox in front of the option called with specific words in the message header
- Click on the blue text specific words in the lower half of
- Enter X-Spam-Flag: YES and click on Add.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Next.
- Now you can choose what to do with the messages that are marked as spam.
Here are three examples:
- You decide to move spam to a seperate folder for later perusal. Click on the checkbox in front of the option called move it to the specified folder. Now click on the blue text specified in the lower half of the window, and select a folder that you want to move your spam e-mail to.
- You want to throw spam away immediately. Click on the checkbox in front of the option called delete it. Now spam will arrive in your Deleted Items folder (you should empty this regularly in order to avoid going over your quota).
- You don't want to deal with spam ever, not even in your Deleted Items folder. Click on the checkbox in front of the option called permanently delete it. Note: this is a rule that will only work when Outlook is running. This means that when you are on vacation, spam will accumulate in your inbox until you run Outlook at your workplace again. For these reasons we recommend using the second option above instead of this one.
- Click on Next after you have made your choices.
- Click on Next again.
- Enter spam filter as the name for the rule
- Ensure that Turn on this rule is checked.
- Click on Finish.
- Click on OK.