CASA offers courses of both undergraduate and graduate level.
Below you find an overview of the curriculum we offer. You may also be interested
in the background on the scope, philosophy and relevance.
For the Bachelor College, we organize the following packages of elective courses:
You may also be interested to see the list of
all elective packages
in the Bachelor College.
This package features the following four courses:
- 2WN50 Introduction numerical mathematics
- 2WN30 Theory and practice of ordinary differential equations
- 2WN60 Nonlinear dynamics and applications
- 2WN40 Numerical linear algebra
Analysis and geometry
This package features the following three courses:
- 2WA90 Partial differential equations
- 2WAG0 Measure, integration, and probability theory
- 2WAH0 Tensor calculus & differential geometry
Graduate school / Master's courses
For maths students interested in a final project within CASA, we offer the specialization track
Computational Science and Engineering within the Industrial and Applied Mathematics master's program
The field of computational science is highly relevant to students of other departments too,
e.g. applied physics,
mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and more.
The following list of courses in the master's program are especially recommended for non-maths students:
- 2MMN10 Scientific Computing
- 2MMN20 Scientific Programming
- 2MMN30 Scientific computing in partial differential equations
Project and internships
CASA offers projects for bachelor and master students, many of which are to work in industry.
Students can work on these challenges for their bachelor final project,
an internship or the master final project.
If you are interested, please check the current availabilities.
Antique lecture notes in mathematics
This is a collection of lecture notes in mathematics from the period 1956-1982. These documents are from TU/e's first 25 years
of existence. They have been collected and republished in 2006. Please note that these Antieke Wiskunde Dictaten are all in Dutch.