||Hervé Lissek - University
||Faculté des Sciences et Techniques de l'Ingénieur, Laboratoire d'ElectroMagnétisme et Acoustique
||EPFL STI LEMA, ELB 040 - Station 11, CH - 1015 Lausanne, Switserland
Head of the Acoustic Group within the Laboratoire d'Electromagnétisme et d'Acoustique at EPFL, Lausanne. Switzerland
After a PhD thesis in Acoustics ("Active materials with variable acoustic properties", Université du Maine, Le Mans, France, 2002), Dr. Hervé Lissek joined the Laboratory of Electromagnetics and Acoustics at EPFL as research fellow, to supervise the active noise control activities of the Acoustic Group, in particular within FP5-SILENCE(R) project.
In 2006, Dr. Lissek took the leadership of the Acoustic Group and launched several research projects, together with a strengthening of the collaborations of his group with the European Aeroacoustic Community (FP6- X3-Noise, FP7-TEENI, FP7-OPENAIR), with an emphasis on electroacoustic expertise, active noise control, and acoustic antenna for sound source separation/recognition.
In 2010, the Acoustic Group issued an original paper in Physical Review B opening the doors to novel concepts for sound absorption and negative refraction with micro-structured materials.
- Active noise control/active sound absorption
- Electroacoustic transducers
- Acoustic antenna for sound recording, monitoring, sound source separation/extraction/localization
- Acoustic metamaterials
Back to the CEAS-ASC Main Page
- Peer-reviewd journals
- F. Bongard, H. Lissek, and J. Mosig, "Acoustic transmission line metamaterial with negative/zero/positive refractive index," Physical Review B 82 (2010).
- R. Boulandet, and H. Lissek, "Optimization of electroacoustic absorbers by means of designed experiments," Applied Acoustics 71, 830-842 (2010).
- T. Sluka, P. Mokry, and H. Lissek, "A theory of sound transmission through a clamped curved piezoelectric membrane connected to a negative capacitor," International Journal of Solids and Structures 47, 2260-2267 (2010).
- F. Menzer, C. Faller, and H. Lissek "Obtaining Binaural Room Impulse Responses from B-Format Impulse Responses", accepted in Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language, 2010
- H. Lissek, and X. Meynial, "A preliminary study of an isodynamic transducer for use in active acoustic materials," Applied Acoustics 64, 917-930 (2003).
- International conferences
- H. Lissek, R. Boulandet, A.-S. Moreau, "Practical active and semi-active strategies for the control of room acoustics in the low frequency range", Inter-Noise 2010 - noise and sustainability, Lisbon, Portugal, June 13-16, 2010.
- H. Lissek, "Les Absorbeurs Electroacoustiques: un Concept Unique pour les différentes Stratégies de Contrôle Actif d'Impédance Acoustique", Proceedings of the 10th Congrès Français d'Acoustique, Lyon, France, 2010
- H. Lissek, "Shunt loudspeaker techniques for use as liners for engine nacelles", Invited paper, In Proceeding of Inter-Noise, Ottawa, 2009
- X. Falourd, H. Lissek and P.-J. René, "Active low-frequency modal noise cancellation for room acoustics: an experimental study", in Proceedings of the 16th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, Krakow, 2009.
- H. Lissek, R. Boulandet, and P.-J. René, "Shunt loudspeakers for modal control in rooms", in Proceedings of the 16th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, Krakow, 2009
- F.-E. Aballéa, H. Lissek, and P.-J. René, "Comparison of low-frequency background noise cancellation systems for room acoustics," in Inter-noise, 2008