A common occurrance in current schemes is a leakage of information on saved data, search queries and/or access patterns.
- Exactly how much information leaks?
- How can we prevent such leaks?
- How to optimize between search efficiency and security?
Most databases should be accessible to multiple users. However, in general not every user will have the same user permissions.
- Can we extend techniques towards multi-user databases?
- What happens when users collaborate?
- What access structures are possible?
Query Expressivity and Efficiency
So far, search techniques only cover relatively simple queries.
- Is it possible to evaluate operations like Or, And, and Join?
- Can we perform updates efficiently and securely?