To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Test Connection Error: PostgreSQL and XESame

[Deleted User]
edited October 2011 in - XESame
Hello,

I am trying to use XESame to convert the data in the database.  Here is my configuration.

1) Windows 7 64-bit
2) Database Server is PostgreSQL 8.4

I open the Odbcad32.exe in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder;
I created a DSN name ReviewDB. When I click Test button in the ODBC setup window, the connection was succesful.

When I go back to XESame to create new connection.

I enter following information

URL = jdbc:odbc:ReviewDB
JDBC Driver = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
JDBC Driver Location = Blank  (Do I need to specify driver here?)

When I click Test Connection I got this error
Sorry, but the test failed because the URL could not be found:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application.

I suspect that the PROM I have is running on 32-bit because it's installed in Program Files (x86) folder. 

Do you have any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Comments

• Hi Deen, welcome aboard!

The set-up you tried might work but is a bit of a detour since you connect from JDBC to ODBC and then from ODBC to PostgreSQL. The problem you are encountering is caused by XESame running in 64-bit mode while you specified the ODBC driver in 32 bit mode. If you want to use this way then you need to set up an ODBC connection in the same 'bit version' as you run XESame.

The better solution however is to use a PostgreSQL JDBC driver (http://jdbc.postgresql.org/). Especially for larger data sets the performance difference is significant.
    In XESame you need to set the JDBC driver location (point to the jar file you downloaded from the URL above). Of course you also need to update the URL and JDBC Driver name accordingly. More information can be found in the driver documentation.

Let me know if this works!!!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

Thank you very much.  Here is how to connect XESame to PostgreSQL on windows

URL to Database = jdbc:postgresql://localhost/<databasename>?user=<username>&password=<password>

JDBC Driver = org.postgresql.Driver

JDBC Driver Location = <path to the postgresq driver> download from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

Do we have a wiki setup for XESame.  I can update this information to the document.
  • Hi Deen,

Thank you for posting the JDBC connection details!!!
    I'm also glad that it works now.

There is a wiki page about XESame (http://www.processmining.org/xesame/start) but I'm not sure if you can edit the page. Otherwise I will add it later today.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology