To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

event log error

azaras
edited December 2012 in Event Logs
hello
when I load event log with .xes extention, I face with "Error with import of (Ljava.io.File;@19b08cc:java.lang.exception: No processes contained in log!" error.
please guide me.

Answers

• You should check that your XML file is properly formed.  I just started with ProM 6.2 very recently and have been using OpenXES to generate some log files.  I found two problems in my log file that caused this behavior.

In one case, because of some bad input validation, there were XML attributes that had ISO control characters in them (this is not permitted).  In a text editor, this appeared like

key="someKey" value="/www/foo/ASPR^H^ H"

where ^H is the control character.  The OpenXES library let me write this attribute file to a log with no complaint, but ProM gave this error while trying to load the file.

The other case occurred when I'd used OpenXES to write a key value pair and the value was the empty string.  I'd expected to get output of the form

<string key="someKey" value=""/>

but what I got, in fact, was:

<string key="someKey"/>

with no value attribute at all.

Now, I don't have any reason to suppose that the problem you're encountering is necessarily either one of these kinds of instances, but you can get this kind of error from malformed XML, so that could be a good place to start checking. 

//JT
  • azaras
    edited December 2012

Dear tayloj,  

I used the sample log files that available on www.processmining.com website and i don't think these files have problems.

If you think the other factors casuse this error, please guide me.

thanks.

• Hi,

Nice to meet you in this forum.
    I have this problem too,I don't know what is the root of the problem.I was using  ProM 6 without any problem before Installing my new windows,after that with any standard log file in process mining group I face this problem.

Thanks in advance  .
  • Dear Sarah,

Did you verify that the file you downloaded is not malformed? Sometimes this happens to files that you download and then save.
    Please check if all XML tags are proper and no strange characters are present in the file (see also the second comment in this thread).
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

• I check the imported file but there seems to be nothing strange,I check the same log file in prom 5 and it works.

files downloaded from processmining.org and other valid site,when I import them sometimes prom immediately shows the error message and sometimes shows the process bar and remaining time and finally show "finishing" phrase after that has abnormal behavior in which shows the remaining time that increase and decrease and at end show the error message,I don't know what's wrongs.

Thanks,