To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How to Work only On GeneticMiner? (Make investigation or modification on Genetic Algorithm)

ysklab
edited July 2014 in - Development

Hi,

I am a new Phd Student on process mining, and i want to work only on genetic algorithms. so please, could you help me and tell me how to have only prom with GeneticMiner so it will let me modify and investigate the Genetic algorithms implementation?

I have used subclipse and I have downloaded the GeneticMiner Project, but when i run it i got an error message like  : error with Ljava.io.File. How can I fix that?

Thank you.

Answers

• Dear Ysklab,

First of all good to hear that you are doing your PhD on process mining.

I'm not sure which ProM version you are referring to.
    In case of ProM 5: I would switch to ProM 6.

In ProM 6 there are two genetic packages: 'GeneticMiner' and 'EvolutionaryTreeMiner'. The latter one is my PhD topic and is more recent than the Genetic Miner, however it works on process trees, and not Petri nets (/causal matrices).

Please follow the instructions on

https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/Contribute

https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/setup/HowToCreatePluginsInProM

Good luck and keep us updated of your progress!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi,

I don't know why, but it seemed to me that the original GeneticMiner worked with Petri Net. As I've imported the package from the repository, the ProM interface uses Heuristic Nets for the model visualization. Has it changed or am I using it wrong ?
    Benjamin Dalmas
    PhD Student - Blaise Pascal University - Clermont-Ferrand
  • The Genetic Miner works on a causal matrix internally, which can be translated to a Petri net, or Heuristic net. The first one is shown in most of the papers, the latter one ended up in the implementation. Both can be translated to the other though so you can still get a Petri net if you really want.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology