To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How to specify DB table in XESame connection

maria
edited January 2015 in - XESame

Hello,

I am trying to use XESame to convert data in a MySQL table into an event log.

So I have made the connection and test it and it works, but I don't know how to specify the table that I want to use.

I am using for URL to DB: jdbc:mysql://ip:port?user=x&password=y for connection and I can't find where to put the specific DB and table.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer

Dear Maria,

Thank you for your reports.

Unfortunately, this is a bug in XESAme as it was released with ProM 6.4 and 6.4.1.

I hope to have time to fix this either this week or next, but I'm not sure as I'm just back from holiday with a whole stack of work to process.

I'll let you know once I have fixed it and how you can obtain the new and working XESame.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Answers

• Me again, I found where to set up the table, in Definition-> Trace Properties, but now I don't know if I have to set up the Attributes both for the Log and the Trace, because I set it up for the Trace and when running the conversion I get:

"(DEBUG) We are about to run the following query to extract the items for Log: SELECT  'No attributes' AS DUMMY  FROM   

2015-01-13 12:35:50: (ERROR) There is an error in the query (turn on 'debug' mode to see it) to fetch the information for Log. Please make sure that the query syntax is valid for the source database.

2015-01-13 12:35:50: (ERROR) You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1"

Why is this happening? What am I doing wrong?

• I have managed to map the attributes so that the queries are now ok using http://www.processmining.org/_media/publications/verbeek2010.pdf the chapter "XESame", but I got to another problem at step 5: Convert Cache DB to XES.

(WARNING) Not every specified key in the classifier Activity classifier is also in the list of global event attributes. This means that for at least 1 event the classifier is invalid!!!

2015-01-13 14:42:52: (ERROR) There was an error while trying to convert the cache database to an XES file.

2015-01-13 14:42:52: (ERROR) org.deckfour.xes.model.impl.XTraceImpl cannot be cast to org.deckfour.xes.model.buffered.XTraceBufferedImpl

2015-01-13 14:42:52: (WARNING) Cancelling execution! We were busy creating an XES file from the cache database.

What does this message mean? I am taking the data directly from the DB table and I have put all columns at event attributes, but at Log Classifiers I have only the default ones: Activity classifier and Resource classifier. Should I add something else at classifiers?

Thank you

• Hi,

I am trying to follow CASE 1 from the master thesis of Joos. When I try to run the conversion I keep getting the 'SELECT  'No attributes' AS DUMMY  FROM' error.

My data are in an embedded database (LibreOffice) and the connection test works fine. In the mapping I have nothing defined at the "Log" level.

Whatever I do, I get some error and the process tops in step 2.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

• Hi,

Can you please send the full error you get?

• Hello Maria,

Below a screen shot of the console with message.

Attached also my mapping file. (renamed to .txt)

• Dear Wim,

The error is caused by a missing table name for the 'log' properties. Since you did not fill in any attributes to be fetched from the database, XESame is running a dummy query. For this is needs an existing table name, from which it won't query any data.

Solution: enter an existing table name in the 'table' property of the log object in the XESame mapping.

Hope this helps!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello Joos,

Thanks for the feedback. I got the feeling that the LibreOffice database was the caase of the trouble so I implemented everything in Postgresql. That and other activities took some time.

I am now getting psts the error message and hoping t make some more progress soon.

Wim