To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Reliable Alignments

lauraUnivpm
edited May 2015 in - Usage

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the conformance checker plugin to compute the fitness between a real-life event logs (in particular, the WABO 4 log) and a Petri Net obtained by using the heuristic miner on such a log (converting the heuristic net in a petri net). However, in the final results, it says that only 5 cases have been replayed (hence, only 5 alignments are displayed), while actually there are more than 700 traces. Can you tell me why this happens, and how I can fix it?

Thank you,

Laura

Answers

• I attach the event log and the net I'm using. Note that in the event log I simply removed all the events withouth an event name, and I've added an artificial start/end for each trace by using the corresponding ProM plugin

• Dear Laura,

There can be several reasons why so many traces are not correctly aligned.

For instance it could not calculate a solution within the specified 'state space' size, or the process model contains a deadlock and could not reach the end anymore.
    If you are looking at the performance projection, it asks you whetehr you only want reliable alignments, which migth also discard many alignments.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology