To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Command Line / Batch

weberp
edited June 2009 in ProM 6
I see that "command-line utilities" and "a scripting interface to run ProM plugins in batch" are on the goal list for a new version of ProM (2008?). These sound like great enhancements; are any of these available or usable as yet (e.g. on nightly build) or just a wishlist for the future?

I ask because I am planning to do some testing of different process mining algorithms, for an MSc project. and was hoping to avoid having to use the GUI for everything. I am not sure yet which algorithms I will be looking at, but starting with Alpha, HeuristicsMiner and Genetic algorithm.

thanks, Phil

Comments

• The nightly builds for this version is available at http://prom.win.tue.nl/tools/prom/nightly/. Although some parts may still be work in progress, the Alpha miner, Heuristics miner, and Genetic miner should be there. Typically, these will be implemented for both the GUIPluginContext (this assumes the presence of a GUI) and a PluginContext (this makes no such assumptions). I guess you need the latter ones.

Note that we're still in the progress of transferring functionaltiy from ProM 5 to this new version of ProM. If you encounter any problems with the transferred plug-ins, please let us know.

Cheers,

Eric.
  • I've had a bit of a play with this and it looks like it will be good. Is there any documentation yet for the new version other than the javadoc? Looks like I should be able to construct a macro to, for example:

Load log --> Mine using algorithm x --> (Convert &) save as Petri Net --> Load Petri Net tied to large log --> Run Conformance Checker ... saving numbers as it goes.

(though I don't think the Conformance Checker plugin is available yet?).

But I haven't managed yet to piece all the pieces of this together nor work out how to call the macro later e.g. from the command line or a batch/script file.

thanks, Phil
  • weberp, I am trying to do what you suggest in your last post. Can you give me some hint about the batch/script calling? I undestand that this kind of macro must be built as a PluginContext plugin, but then how to call it? In ProM5 there are some command line parameters that allow to specify a file and a plugin.
    Some information about this topic is also here (briefly: no high-level scripting or composition mechanism, plugin combining must be implemented by means of Java code).
  • Hello, I'm trying to find out how to run a ProM6 module  from the command line without running the ProM6 framework. I searched on Google but the few links I found didn't worked. 
    Thanks,
    Tomas.
  • Hi Tomas,

You can do this for every plug-in that has a main() method using the normal way of calling Java classes via the command line.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thanks for your prompt response. I tried to call some packages and got an error. I ran the following command (on linux):

> java -ea -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=1G -classpath ~/.ProM61/packages/alphaminer-6.1.66/AlphaMiner.jar org.processmining.plugins.petrinet.mining.alphaminer

and got the following error: 

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/processmining/plugins/petrinet/mining/alphaminer

The version of java I use is the same as I run ProM6 without problems...
    Thank you again for your help.

Tomas
  • You are now calling a package name, try adding the alpha miner class name to it.
    However, that class does not contain a main() method so that will not work either.

Ergo, not all plug ins support being called from the command line...
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology