To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Performance analysis

I'm still new in this area. And I'm doing a project regarding performance analysis.
What my questions is that, what are the plug-ins use to analyse performance analysis? 

Comments

• Dear Robert,

Sorry for my late reply.

For performance analysis you would need to have an event log and a process model in Petri net form.
    Then you need to reply the event log on the model using the 'replay event log on model for conformance/performance' plug-in.
    Then on the top right select the project performance on model visualizer.

More details are provided in the upcoming Process Mining MOOC which starts October 7 for free at Coursera:
    https://www.coursera.org/course/procmin

I hope this helps!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos, Thank You for your response.
    Yes I have tried them. Is there any other plug-in that capable in analysing performance e.g. time,cost,bottleneck?
    And does it always need to be mined as Petri Net form first?
    Because what i am looking at is a plug-in that would be able to give a non-model result.
    Thank You

Robert J
  • Dear Robert,

Without using a model there is limited information that can be provided.
    However, when you performed the steps I mentioned before, there is a matrix visualization that show times between activities, without showing the model (although the model is required to calculate the values).

Hope this helps.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,
    Thank You so much for the response.
    But i do still wondering if there are any other plug-in that capable of analysing bottleneck and time other than 'replay event log on model for conformance/performance' plug-in?
    And by any chance do you know what is the capabilities of 'Basic Cost Report' plug-in?Like what result it shows?and what type of data it needs?
    Thank You
  • There is no real other plug-in since alignments are crucial if the model needs to be considered.
    I also don't know the cost report plug-in, but I remember a question on this (or a similar plug-in) on the forum before so a search might help.
    Joos Buijs

• Another option might be the Inductive visual Miner, which has several options to measure time, bottlenecks and performance.
    Measuring these without a process model is unfortunately very unreliable.
    Sander Leemans
    Assistant Processor (Lecturer) at Queensland University of Technology
    Author of the visual Miner and Inductive Miner