To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Get the value of an Event Log's attribut

Hi,
Could anyone tell me, how can I get the value of an Event Log's attribut ?
here is a portion of the XES file i'm using as an input for my plugin.

<event>
<string key="concept:name" value="T1"/>
<string key="lifecycle:transition" value="complete"/>
<string key="Performatif" value="Execute"/>
<string key="Tache" value="T1"/>
<string key="Emetteur" value="A1"/>
<string key="Recepteur" value="Systeme"/>
<string key="Temps" value="M1"/>
</event>

What i want to do is to select the attribut containing (key="performatif") and extract it's value. And is there any furthor documentation that could possibly help me during my development?

thank you.

Comments

• Dear Man,

The OpenXES documentation is available here:
    http://www.xes-standard.org/openxes/start
    where you can find the developer guide, but also the Java doc of the code.

To concretely answer your question, each event log object (XLog, XTrace, XEvent) has an XAttributeMap, which contains all key-value pairs of the attributes.
    You can extract the information using this map.

Note that for the common extensions (concept, lifecycle, time, etc.) there are class implementations that help you with getting/setting attributes values. For instance instantiate an XConceptExtension classs, and use the utility methods provided in this class.

I hope this helps!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology