To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Visualise deviations on process tree

I'm using the "Visualise deviations on process tree" plugin in ProM 6.5. I have obtained a visaualisation with a red arrow around some activitivies with a nomber. This nomber is supposed to give an information about how many times a given activity has been repeated before passing to the next activity. However, it is not the case because the numbers, I have got, have no meaning related to the real log I have used. could you please help me to well interpret these information?

Thank you.

Comments

• sjjleemans
    edited December 2015
    First of all, we suggest to update ProM to version 6.5.1 via http://promtools.org/. Several improvements have been made, possibly relating to the plug-in you mentioned.

The plug-in 'visualise deviations on process tree' does a couple of things: it shows a visualisation of the model, aligns the log to the model (i.e. it determines for each trace in the log what the most likely corresponding model path is) and finally visualises the resulting deviations.

There are two types of deviations. The first is the so-called "log move". The red dashed arrow in the figure below denotes that in 1633 times, something was executed in the event log, what could not be represented in the model.
    (In this particular case, during/before/after the execution of A_DECLINED.)
    (If you want to know which events were deviating, click on the red dashed arrow and have a look at the traces.)

Another possibility is the so-called "model move". The red dashed arrow in the figure below denotes that in one occasion in the event log, activity 'd' did not occur in the event log while it should have occurred according to the model.

I hope this answers your question.
    Sander Leemans
    Assistant Processor (Lecturer) at Queensland University of Technology
    Author of the visual Miner and Inductive Miner