To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How to test a modified plugin on prom before contributing it?

Hi guys,
I am a newbie in prom development field. Could you guys help me figure out how to test a modified plugin on prom framework before submit it?
I am working on the modification of one existing plugin. When I run 'ProM with UITopia', the ProM window shows, but when I tries to import an xes log to test the modification, it reminds me 'import function cannot work because there is no import plugin'. Do you guys know how to test a mining algorithm on prom ? As it's necessary to use a log file as the input for the algorithm, does it mean my only choice is running test case locally without running prom framework, but assigning an log file path in the code to test it?
Thank you guys. I am looking forward to your reply.

Comments

• Hi,

I had exactly the same issue when I ran a plug-in I modified. 2 leads :
    - Maybe something went wrong when you imported the plug-in. Try it again
    - Maybe there is a missing .jar. Try to import a ProM plugin jar  (I think there is one containing most of what you could need).

Hope I could help, keep us informed :)
    Benjamin Dalmas
    PhD Student - Blaise Pascal University - Clermont-Ferrand
  • Hi Ben,
    Thanks for your help. I was thinking the 2nd way you suggested. The work might be huge as we need to resolve all dependencies and build all necessary plugin jar like import, export, etc by ourself to make prom environment work. 
    How does the algorithm author do before they submit their code? They might have some simple or straightforward way to test the code. If anyone have solved the problem, please help us. Thank you.

• Hi,

When you download a package from the code repository and run it through for instance Eclipse, you will get a 'regular' ProM, but it will use all the code from the plug-in that you just downloaded.

You would still need to install the ProM packages, preferrably through one of the meta packages. Please refer to this page
    http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:start
    under the section 'installing packages'.

good luck!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Ben,

Have you solved the problem? I find the solution for this from Eric:
    "Please first run the “ProM Package Manager” to install the packages that contain the plug-ins you need. By default, select the “RunnerUpPackages” and install that one. That will also install many other packages that you may need.
    After having done that, running “ProM with UITopia” first scans the installed packages for plug-ins, and they should be available to you. As long as your modified plug-in is implemented in the project that you’re running, the modified plug-in should be available in ProM. ProM recognizes all plug-ins in the installed packages, and all plug-ins in the project that you’re running it from."

bendalmas said:
    Hi,

I had exactly the same issue when I ran a plug-in I modified. 2 leads :
    - Maybe something went wrong when you imported the plug-in. Try it again
    - Maybe there is a missing .jar. Try to import a ProM plugin jar  (I think there is one containing most of what you could need).

Hope I could help, keep us informed :)