To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Discovery of the process Data-Flow (Decision-Tree Miner) using the command line

WidadEs-Soufi
edited January 2017 in - Usage
Dear all,

I was using the ProM 6.5.1 graphical user interface to execute the "Discovery of the process Data-Flow" algorithm that reads the input xes file with its petri net model to generate the petri net with data. I use this latter to explore the transitions guards.

Now, I want to generate the petri net with data using the command line. I succeeded to generate the petri net model  using the command line (tutorial) since the plugin already exists in the ProM plugin list (ProM_CLI.bat -l). The second step consists in generating the petri net with data from both the input xes and the generated petri net using the command line. Unfortunately, the "Discovery of the process Data-Flow" plugin doesn't exist in the ProM plugin list. How can I overcome this challenge?

Thank you,
Kind regards.

Widad Es-Soufi

PhD Student

“Decision-making support in the context of systems design and supervision”

Arts et Métiers ParisTech. France.

Comments

• P.S. I am using the Prom6.5.1 graphical user interface.

Widad Es-Soufi

PhD Student

• kfgz087
    edited January 2017

Dear Widad Es-Soufi,

Thanks for you question! I already sent an email to my colleague who created the plugin. I think he will answer your question soon.
    Guangming Li
    PhD student in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Massimiliano
    edited January 2017
    Dear Widad Es-Soufi,

Unfortunately, the tool is not available to be used through the command line.

It is however available through RapidProM: http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=rapidprom:home.

Regards,
    Massimiliano de Leoni
  • Dear all,

Thank you for your feedback.
    I downloaded the rapidprom-4.0.0-signed.jar with the source code file (here), and tried to execute the .bat file but I didn't find it. Besides, when I execute the command "java -jar rapidprom-4.0.0-signed.jar" in the command line I get this message "no main manifest attribute, in rapidprom-4.0.0-signed.jar". I am wondering how to get or construct the bat file in order to find the contained plugins and use them like shown in this tutorial.

I also tried to mine the petri net model using the inductive miner by creating a new project and joining the rapidprom-4.0.0-signed.jar file to it, but got an  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at the bold line level in the code below.

String xesPath = "C:\\Users\\" + "file.xes";
            File xesFile = new File(xesPath);
            XesXmlParser xesXmlParser = new XesXmlParser();
            List<XLog> xeslogList=  xesXmlParser.parse(xesFile);
            XLog xesLog = xeslogList.get(0);
           MiningParametersIMi parameters = new MiningParametersIMi();
           Object[] petriNetAndMarking = IMPetriNet.minePetriNet(xesLog, parameters);
           String pnmlPath = "C:\\Users\\" + "MinedNet.pnml";
           File pnmlFile = new File ("MinedNet");
           PnmlExportNetToPNML exporterPNML = new     PnmlExportNetToPNML();
           exporterPNML.exportPetriNetToPNMLFile(RapidProMGlobalContext.instance().getPluginContext(), (Petrinet) petriNetAndMarking[0], pnmlFile);

Thank you.
    Kind regards.

Widad Es-Soufi

PhD Student

• Dear Widad,

Please refer to www.rapidprom.org for instructions on how to install and use RapidProM. In short, you need to install RapidMiner, and then the RapidProM extension. RapidProM in itself is not executable.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear all,

Thank you for your precious feedback.

Regards.

Widad Es-Soufi

PhD Student