To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Output of "Evaluate Process Tree"-Plugin is not accessible

MartinB
edited January 2017 in - Usage
When using the Plugin "Evaluate Process Tree" in ProM I cannot do anything with the result. It's not possible to visualise it or to access it.
Is this behaviour intended or not? I want to evaluate the fitness of my process tree with regard to a log file.
I also found a Plugin named "compute projected fitness and precision". Would this plugin be usable too? If yes, there are a lot of variations of it, ranging from 2 to 9 activities. What is the difference between these variations?

Comments

• Dear Martin,

Could you clarify which ProM version you are using? ProM lite 1.1, ProM 6.5, ProM 6.6 or the ProM nightly build?
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • RGH
    RGH
    edited February 2017
    Hello
    I have the same problem withplugin "Evaluate Process Tree" and i'm using ProM version 6.6
  • Hi Martin,

If you have a process tree, there are several plug-ins to evaluate it:
    - 'visualise deviations on process tree'. This will compute an alignment and can visualise the differences, much like the Inductive visual Miner (it won't give you a number, though)
    - use a plug-in 'compute projected fitness and precision'. This will compute a fitness and precision value; the speed and accuracy of the comparison depend on the chosen number (I've chosen 2 most times).
    For more details about this plug-in, please refer to https://scholar.google.nl/citations?view_op=view_citation&hl=nl&user=gTVQAMEAAAAJ&citation_for_view=gTVQAMEAAAAJ:WF5omc3nYNoC
    - convert the process tree to a Petri net and use the alignment plug-in 'replay a log on Petri net for Conformance analysis'.
    - 'evaluate process tree' (I'm not aware of the working of this plug-in).

Kind regards,

Sander

Sander Leemans
    Assistant Processor (Lecturer) at Queensland University of Technology
    Author of the visual Miner and Inductive Miner