To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Inter arrival time (between two instances)

Hello everybody,

Do you know how to extract the Inter arrival time (between two instances) using Prom6 or Prom lite. I need to know what kind of law is followed by the Inter arrival time (eg. Normal, Exponential, ...), with the mean and the standard deviation (if it follows a normal law, for example).

I need this information to run a simulation model using the information on processes extracted using process mining tools, e.g.  ProM.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Comments

• Dear,

This, of course, depends a lot on the log you have at hand. Assuming you have a log where events carry timestamps, the default option would be to retrieve the timestamp for the first event of every trace, sort them, and create a distribution from this.

I doubt that there is a plug-in readily available that will do this for you. At least, I do not know of such a plug-in.

Kind regards,

Eric.

• Thanks, Eric. :)
  • Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Best regards.