To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

NullPointerException in InductiveVisualMiner.visualise

wil92
edited May 2017 in - Development
I'm using some ProM libraries in a personal project, and I need to know if what I'm doing is right.
1st. I take all the dependencies from ProM project.
2nd. I resolve the dependencies for OpenXas.
Now I'm stuck trying to show the graph, but give me an error of NullPointerException. Maybe what I'm doing is wrong, I just need a light at the end of the maze.
List<logs> = parseXes.parse(file);//list of xlog JComponent tt = null;//visual component for(int i=0;i<logs.size();i++){ XLog log = logs.get(i); InductiveVisualMiner visualizer = new InductiveVisualMiner(); PluginContext plugin = UciProMGlobalContext.instance().getPluginContext(); InductiveVisualMiner.InductiveVisualMinerLauncher ivml; ivml = visualizer.mineGuiProcessTree(plugin, log); tt = visualizer.visualise(plugin , ivml, ProMCanceller.NEVER_CANCEL);//the error is here } if(tt != null){ jPanel1.add(tt); jPanel1.updateUI(); }

Comments

• Hi,

There are a few suspects:
    - the dependencies should be solved automatically and recursively by Apache Ivy. Simply including the .jar files will be tedious and error-prone. Is Ivy enabled on the project?
    - UciProMGlobalContext is a class that I'm unfamiliar with. Does this class provide the mechanism to find annotated classes? In another project, I used the Inductive visual Miner outside of ProM, which might provide inspiration: https://svn.win.tue.nl/repos/prom/Packages/SanderLeemans/QuickVisualiser/src/org/processmining/quickvisualiser/context/

If both are fine, please post the full stack trace on this forum and we'll have a look.

Sander

Sander Leemans
    Assistant Processor (Lecturer) at Queensland University of Technology
    Author of the visual Miner and Inductive Miner
  • Basically, I downloaded the rapidProM source code and analice the code, because I don't know how use the pluginManager and all it's methods and classes. Now I goin to see your classes for better understanding. The class UciProMGlobalContext is a singlenton for work with the pluginManager, the pluginContext and others, but like i see in your code I use in my classes a lot of code that is not necesary. Thank you for your answer.
  • wil92
    edited May 2017
    I follow the @sjjleemans 's code, and I solved the initial problem, but now return the following error:
    java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthBorder cannot be cast to javax.swing.border.TitledBorder.
    This is when I invoke the code:
    visualizer.visualise(context, log, state);
  • One step furher :)

Could you post the complete stack trace of this error?
    Sander Leemans
    Assistant Processor (Lecturer) at Queensland University of Technology
    Author of the visual Miner and Inductive Miner
  • wil92
    edited June 2017
    This is the complete error, thank for the fast answer.

I show the JComponent returned by the visualise() function, but the visual components contain errors.

java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthBorder cannot be cast to javax.swing.border.TitledBorder
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.IvMFilterGui.setForeground(IvMFilterGui.java:35)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthStyle.installDefaults(SynthStyle.java:942)
    at javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusStyle.installDefaults(NimbusStyle.java:231)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthStyle.installDefaults(SynthStyle.java:916)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthLookAndFeel.updateStyle(SynthLookAndFeel.java:265)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthPanelUI.updateStyle(SynthPanelUI.java:117)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthPanelUI.installDefaults(SynthPanelUI.java:100)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicPanelUI.installUI(BasicPanelUI.java:56)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthPanelUI.installUI(SynthPanelUI.java:62)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.setUI(JComponent.java:666)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.setUI(JPanel.java:153)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(JPanel.java:126)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:86)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:109)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:117)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.IvMFilterGui.<init>(IvMFilterGui.java:15)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.highlightingfilter.filters.MultiAttributeFilterGui.<init>(MultiAttributeFilterGui.java:36)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.preminingfilters.filters.PreMiningFilterEvents.createGui(PreMiningFilterEvents.java:46)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.IvMFilter.createFilterGui(IvMFilter.java:78)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.IvMFiltersController.<init>(IvMFiltersController.java:47)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.InductiveVisualMinerController$3.run(InductiveVisualMinerController.java:119)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.chain.ChainLink$1$1.run(ChainLink.java:74)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
    java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthBorder cannot be cast to javax.swing.border.TitledBorder
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.IvMFilterGui.setForeground(IvMFilterGui.java:35)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthStyle.installDefaults(SynthStyle.java:942)
    at javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusStyle.installDefaults(NimbusStyle.java:231)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthStyle.installDefaults(SynthStyle.java:916)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthLookAndFeel.updateStyle(SynthLookAndFeel.java:265)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthPanelUI.updateStyle(SynthPanelUI.java:117)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthPanelUI.installDefaults(SynthPanelUI.java:100)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicPanelUI.installUI(BasicPanelUI.java:56)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthPanelUI.installUI(SynthPanelUI.java:62)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.setUI(JComponent.java:666)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.setUI(JPanel.java:153)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(JPanel.java:126)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:86)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:109)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:117)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.IvMFilterGui.<init>(IvMFilterGui.java:15)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.preminingfilters.filters.SliderGui.<init>(SliderGui.java:20)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.preminingfilters.filters.PreMiningFrequentTracesFilter.createGui(PreMiningFrequentTracesFilter.java:27)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.IvMFilter.createFilterGui(IvMFilter.java:78)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.ivmfilter.IvMFiltersController.<init>(IvMFiltersController.java:47)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.InductiveVisualMinerController$3.run(InductiveVisualMinerController.java:119)
    at org.processmining.plugins.inductiveVisualMiner.chain.ChainLink$1$1.run(ChainLink.java:74)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

• I solved the problem, it was only some dependencies errors.