To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Where to get several event logs?

maryam
edited May 2013 in Event Logs
Hello

I'm writing my master thesis in process mining about the social network analysis part. I need several event logs in order to analyze the data from them and try to find co-relations between findings from the social network and performance of the organization. In order to do that I need several event logs from a few organizations.
I was wondering if there is a way to get these.

Thanks

Answers

• Dear Maryam,

On the 3TU data center there is a collection of public artificial and real-life event logs:
    http://data.3tu.nl/repository/collection:event_logs
    Especially the BPI challenge logs are interesting event logs.

Also on www.processmining.org you can find some event logs (f.i. in the book section).

Good luck with your thesis!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello Joos Buijs,

Thank you for your help. I am also writing my Master thesis in Process Mining and would need some logs. I am thinking of working on the real life hospital logs. Can I perform a conformance check on these logs ?

Regards,

Shital

• Dear Shital,

Of course you could, but you need some form of a normative model, which I'm afraid you have to mine or make by hand.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello Joos Buijs,

I am doing a Masters thesis on process mining and I have used a plug-in "Filter Log using Simple Heuristic" to filter.In the dashboard left side,I can see 1 process only as there are many processes within the event log of Traffic Management System downloaded from real life events log section from www.processmining.org.Why is there only one process always before or ofter running the plugin in ProM6?What does the "originator" mean in the dashboard? Would you be kind enough to help me,please?

• Dear Joos,

I checked the logs on http://data.3tu.nl/repository/collection:event_logs. To be honest, for a beginner, this looked a bit difficult.

- Can you please suggest any easy for beginners logs among this repository ? This would help boost my confidence with ProM

- Are there logs that contain noise ? Details about the percentage of noise and so on ? The reason being, I want to compare the algorithms based on their ability to handle noise.

Hope, I am able to explain what I meant. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shital

• Another option is to use the example logs from http://www.promtools.org/prom6/downloads/example-logs.zip.