To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Inconsistency with converted time data from CSV to XES

Hi all,

I have a timestamp 2016-10-30 01:59:53 and after conversion in Xes;

Format  in XES                              XES Console                                 XES file
yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss         2016-10-30 01:59:53                2016-10-30T02:59:53.000+02:00
YYYY-MM-dd  HH:mm:ss       2015-12-28 01:59:53                2015-12-28T01:59:53.000+01.00

The common thing for all the timestamps is the hours that starts with 01:xx are incremented by 1. and become 2. Since all other timestamps without starting hours 01:xx are truely converted. 

What is your suggestion about this inconsistent error?

Comments

• For the other forummers: I have already looked into this (as programmer of XESame) but could not find the cause for this.
    Any insights or suggestions are appreciated.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi again,

Investigating all  one year data, I noticed that this error only occurs for data in 30 October 2016. I searched on that day and I saw that it is when Turkey did not change the timezone and stayed as UTC+3. Actually, every year before that time Turkey used to make the time modification of one hour back. It was the first time. I do not know whether it is the reason of what is inconsistent but maybe an idea who wants to help me.

If you think that this may be the problem then please tell me the easiest way of modification otherwise I will do it manually. 

I'll be appreciated to your suggestions. 

Nusin

• Good find Nusin, I certainly believe this is the case.

What you could do is change your computer's timezone to CET (Amsterdam for instance). Now XESame thinks you're in Turkey still.

Please let me know if this works.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • I changed to UCT+1 Amsterdam before this error:(  

• Somewhere XESame gets that the timestamps are in the Turkisch timezone, and therefore corrects for this.

In the CSV data the timezone is not there right?
    In XES I see that this is somehow there because of the +2:00, which would not appear in case of a CET time (I guess).
    Joos Buijs