2WC09 - Coding & Crypto
2WC12 - Cryptography 1
(January 14, 2013) Exam Info and Cheat Sheet available (here and on Oase)
- 2WC09 - Coding & Crypto - for DMA Mathematics Master students
- 2WC12 - Cryptography 1 - for Kerckhoffs Computer Science Master students
- Tuesday 1+2 (only 2WC09) - Coding Theory - Ruud Pellikaan - in Pot 2.19
- Thursday 3+4 (both 2WC09 and 2WC12) - Cryptography - Berry Schoenmakers and Benne de Weger - in Aud 10
Homework (2WC12 only)
Exercises week 2:
These exercises will prepare you for the coming weeks' cryptosystems that are based on number theory.
- Work in groups of about 3 persons. Each group hands in only 1 set of answers.
- Preferably hand in your answer sheets on paper at the next lecture. Do not forget to put the names of the group members on the sheet. Handwritten answer sheets are ok.
- Homework will be graded by Thijs Laarhoven and Jan-Jaap Oosterwijk.
- Your graded answer sheets will be returned to you the next week during the lecture.
- Your total result (on a scale from 1 to 10) will be divided by 10 and added to your exam result.
Grades above 10 will be rounded down to 10.
Exercise sheet week 3
- download the lecture notes Discrete Mathematics v0.54
- read Sections 2.1.1-2.1.3, 2.2.1-126.96.36.199, 2.3.1-2.3.2, 3.1 to Cor. 3.4
- do the exercises 2.1, 2.15, 2.16, 2.18, 3.1, 3.2
Exercise sheet week 4
Exercise sheet week 5 (UPDATED!)
Exercise sheet week 6
Solutions to exercises are available on the OASE site for 2WC12.
2WC09 - Coding & Crypto exams: Fri Feb. 1, Fri Apr. 12
2WC12 - Cryptography 1 exams: Tue Jan. 22, Tue Apr. 9