[ TU/e -> CASA -> Mark Peletier ]
A couple of themes dominate my work: variational calculus, nonlinear
evolution problems (e.g. porous media flow), stability of elastic
structures, and minimization over (but not of) convex functions.
And much of my mathematical work is related to applications. I've
annotated the publications and grouped them more-or-less accordingly:
There's also a full list
of my publications.
Using a different ordering principle, my direct collaborators at the TU
Former PhD students are Manh Hong Duong, Michiel Renger, Andriy Hlod,
Yves van Gennip,
and Ignacio Guerra; Matthias Röger
was a postdoc from 2004 to 2006,
Marco Veneroni from 2006 to 2008, Steffen Arnrich from 2010 to 2011, David Bourne and Lucia Scardia from 2010 to 2012, Carlo Mercuri from 2011 to 2013, Kiamars Vafayi from 2012 to 2015, and Agnes Lamacz from 2013 to 2014.
- Giovanni Bonaschi (PhD)
- Saeed Masroor (PhD)
- Patrick van Meurs (PhD)
- Upanshu Sharma (PhD)
Here is a video of me explaining one of my papers, From a Large-Deviations Principle to the Wasserstein Gradient Flow: A New Micro-Macro Passage, with Stefan Adams, Nicolas Dirr, and Johannes Zimmer:
And another one, this time for a different audience and in Dutch:
Video of a lecture for a broad academic audience about the maths of cylinder buckling - including an experiment! (in Dutch).
Coming up (or: 'where can you find me'):
- SIAM Mathematical Aspects of Materials Science, Philadelphia, May 8-12, 2016
- Lorentz-Center Snellius workshop Microstructure Evolution in Materials: Defects, Cracks & Interfaces, Leiden, April 11-15, 2015
- BeNeLux Mathematics Congress, Amsterdam, March 22-23, 2016
- Stochastic Activity Month on Probability and Analysis, EURANDOM, Eindhoven, March 2016
- 15th GAMM-Seminar on Microstructures, Institut Henri Poincaré, Paris, January 22-23, 2016
- ICMS/KNAW Complexity Science Winter School, December 14-18, ICMS, Eindhoven
- Workshop Challenges in Statistical Mechanics:
from Mathematics to Molecular Dynamics to Technological Applications, Imperial College, December 7-10, 2015
- Workshop on Gradient flows, Large deviations and Applications organized by Upanshu Sharma and Giovanni Bonaschi here in Eindhoven, November 23-24, 2015
Check out my wife Irene's blog, her videos, and a few of my own family videos.
Prof. dr. Mark A. Peletier
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
Den Dolech 2
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB Eindhoven
tel: +31 40 2472628
fax: +31 40 2442489
Last modified on March 25, 2010
by Mark Peletier