Software Engineering (2IP25) Assignments 2012-2013
The practical assignment for
Software Engineering (2IP25)
is done individually and consists of:
- Reviewing a User Requirements Document (URD)
- Writing an analysis report.
Each student registered for this course in
peach is assigned a specific URD
according to the table below.
The URDs can be found in Oase.
The analysis report must contain the following items:
- Whether the specific requirements satisfy the following criteria:
List the defects that you have detected
(clearly indicate location of the defect and which criteria failed),
and explain them concisely (this is not about resolving them;
just explain how it is a defect, in one or two sentences).
You can restrict yourself to the top-10 of defects that you deem
- Uniquely identifiable;
indicate how many specific requirements there are;
also split this number by capability and constraint requirements
- Unambiguous and precise
- Free from implementation details
- Objectively verifiable
- Prioritized; indicate how many priority levels are distinguished,
and indicate how many requirements there are at each level
- Two significant product-specific (i.e. non-generic)
Quality Attribute Scenarios for the specified product,
one concerning performance the other for usability.
See Ch.4, "Understanding Quality Attributes, especially sections 4.3 and 4.4 from
Software Architecture in Practice (2nd Ed.)
by L. Bass, P. Clements, R. Kazman.
If you find that some information is missing,
then you may add it according to your own interpretation.
Please, clearly label added information as such.
- Optionally, any further remarks on the substance of the URD
(not on typos, grammar, style).
If you are not on the list and should be there,
or if you are on the list and should not be there,
then send me an email.
Submission of your work
- Submission formatting and layout
- File format: PDF
- Cover page with reviewer's name, id.number, date, course title,
and title of reviewed URD
- Size: minimum two pages, maximum four pages (A4, 11 point font,
not counting the cover page)
- Submission deadline: Friday 21st of June, 2013
- Submit via Peach