Running CPN Tools 4.0.1 on Ubuntu 16.04
In this post I'll detail on how to run CPN Tools 4.0.1 on Ubuntu 16.04, using wine. The majority of this post (including the script) is based on: http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/study/courses/PES/public/Pomucky/cpntools-linux.html.cs and https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22935.
- Download CPN Tools (for windows) from: http://cpntools.org/download
- Install wine ($ sudo apt-get install wine)
- Install CPN Tools using wine, i.e., $ wine cpntools_4.0.1.exe, make sure to include the linux simulator.
> If this does not work due to a missing java version, download the java jre (java 7!, java 8 does not work) for windows and install this in wine first, then install CPN Tools.
- Download this bash file and place it in: ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/CPN Tools
- Run the bash script
- The CPN Tools simulator will not be able to start yet; Go to: Options > Simulator Process. There, enable the "Remote" option and fill out the following details:
- Host : localhost
- Port : 2098
- Runtime : ./cpnsim
- Image path : cpn.ML.x86-linux
- Restart CPN Tools.
- If the simulator is still not working, and, in the file ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/CPN Tools/sim_out.log it is mentioned that java is not recognized as a program, then, run $ wine regedit. Within the regedit HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Environment, add a String value, named PATH with value C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\
- CPN Tools should now be working properly