General Review Checklist for All Documents
This checklist is NOT intended as a starting point to write a document.|
It does NOT necessarily cover all aspects relevant for this type of document.
This checklist is intended only as an aid in checking a completed document.
- Has the Process for 2IM24/25 been applied properly?
- Has the document been subjected to
the project's Quality Assurance procedures?
(SQAP, e.g. spelling & grammar check.)
- Has the document been entered into the the project's
Configuration Management system?
- Has the document been subjected to an internal review?
- Are all open issues clearly marked as such? (TBD=`To Be Defined'.)
- Is the relationship to prerequisite documents explicitly stated?
(e.g. in SRD, link to URD should be clear)
- Is the content consistent with other documents?
- Is terminology used consistently,
both within a document and across documents?
(One term for one thing.
Each term refers to only one thing,
each thing is referred to by only one term.)
- Is the section of Definitions, acronyms, and abbreviations complete?
(Possibly include reference from this section to main text for details.)
- Is duplication of information avoided?
(Cross-reference, rather than copy.)
- The SPMP is the only document that contains
names of persons and links them to roles (once).
- All other documents are written in terms of roles.
- Are the references to other material
(No missing references, e.g. to Interface Control Document (ICD).)
(Including author(s), title, publisher, year,
and for journals also volume/number.)
- generally accessible and durable?
(Not to a webpage that is likely to disappear soon.)
©2007, Tom Verhoeff (TUE)
Feedback about this page is welcome