The Institute for Programming research and Algorithmics (IPA) is a KNAW recognised national inter-university research school. Its principal goal is to educate researchers in the field of programming research and algorithmics; this research field comprises:
the study and development of formalisms, methods, and techniques to design, analyse, and construct software systems and components.
- Registration is open now for the next IPA event: the IPA Course on Algorithms and Complexity, which will take place at Eindhoven University of Technology from 21–25 January 2019. Confirmed speakers include Wan Fokkink (VU), Neil Yorke-Smith (TUD), Mark de Berg (TU/e), Hans Bodlaender (UU), and Walter Kosters and Hendrik Jan Hoogeboom (UL). Registration closes Friday January 11th at noon (CET). Read more…
- IPA is already planning ahead beyond January: there will be a joint IPA/ASCI/SIKS research track at ICT.open 2019 on Tuesday March 19th and Wednesday March 20th in Hilversum; and an IPA Course on Software Engineering is expected to be held in June or early July 2019 in Eindhoven.
- The IPA Fall Days 2018 took place in Garderen on the Veluwe, at the WestCord Hotel de Veluwe, from 29 October – 2 November, 2018.
- Davy Landman received the award for the best IPA dissertation of 2017 for his thesis Reverse Engineering Source Code: Empirical Studies of Limitations and Opportunities. Davy presented his research and lessons learned at the IPA Fall Days in late October 2018.
- The IPA Course on Formal Methods took place at Eindhoven University of Technology from 11 – 15 June, 2018. Slides from some of the course components are available now. Registration closed Thursday May 31st. Read More…
- 21st Jan – 25th Jan , 2019 . Course: Algorithms and Complexity. Eindhoven University of Technology. Read More…