The Institute for Programming research and Algorithmics (IPA) is a KNAW recognised national inter-university research school. Its principal goal is to educate researchers in the field of programming research and algorithmics; this research field comprises:
the study and development of formalisms, methods, and techniques to design, analyse, and construct software systems and components.
- The next IPA Course on Software Engineering will be held 27–31 January 2020, including participation in VERSEN‘s SEN Symposium in Amsterdam on Friday 31 January 2020.
- The location for the IPA Fall Days 2019 has been selected: Hotel De Wageningsche Berg, just outside Wageningen. The Fall Days, themed around legacy, will be held 28 October–1 November 2019. More details to follow.
- IPA co-organised a joint IPA/ASCI/SIKS research track at ICT.OPEN 2019 on Tuesday March 19th and Wednesday March 20th in Hilversum. IPA sponsored registration and hotel for IPA staff and students.
- The IPA Fall Days 2018 took place in Garderen on the Veluwe, at the WestCord Hotel de Veluwe, from 29 October – 2 November, 2018.
- Davy Landman received the award for the best IPA dissertation of 2017 for his thesis Reverse Engineering Source Code: Empirical Studies of Limitations and Opportunities. Davy presented his research and lessons learned at the IPA Fall Days in late October 2018.