The International Conference on Preconditioning Techniques for Scientific and Industrial Applications,
Preconditioning 2015, is the ninth in a series of conferences that focus on preconditioning techniques in sparse matrix computation.
Your participation and contribution made this into a succesful and fruitful conference! Thank you!
The goal of this series of conferences is to address the complex issues related to the solution of general sparse matrix problems in large-scale
real applications and in industrial settings. The issues related to sparse matrix software that are of interest to application scientists and
industrial users are often fairly different from those on which the academic community is focused. For example, for an application scientist or an industrial user,
improving robustness may be far more important than finding a method that would gain speed. Memory usage is also an important consideration, but is
seldom accounted for in academic research on sparse matrix solvers. As a last example, linear systems solved in applications are
almost always part of some nonlinear iteration (e.g., Newton) or optimization loop. It is important to consider the coupling between the linear and nonlinear parts,
instead of focusing on the linear systems alone.
June 18 there will be a special evening lecture by Henk van der Vorst and Koos Meijerink about "40 years of preconditioning in The Netherlands" (their seminal paper appeared in Math Comp in 1977) in the Van Abbe museum.
The speakers of this conference will discuss some of the latest developments in the field of preconditioning techniques
for sparse matrix problems. The conference will allow participants to exchange findings in this area and to explore
possible new directions in light of emerging paradigms, such as parallel processing and object-oriented programming.
Download the Preconditioning 2015 poster (precon2015.pdf)
This conference is the most recent one in the series:
- Preconditioning 1999, The University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, June 10-12 1999.
- Preconditioning 2001, The Granlibakken Conference Center, Tahoe City, April 29 - May 1, 2001.
- Preconditioning 2003, Embassy Suites Napa Valley, Napa, October 27-29, 2003.
- Preconditioning 2005, Emory University, Atlanta, May 19-21, 2005.
- Preconditioning 2007, Météopole, Toulouse, France, July 9-12, 2007.
- Preconditioning 2009, Hong-Kong Baptist University, Hong-Kong, August 24-26, 2009.
- Preconditioning 2011, Domaine du Haut-Carré, Bordeaux, France, May 16-18, 2011.
- Preconditioning 2013, St Anne's College, Oxford, United Kingdom, June 19-21, 2013.
Last modified by Enna van Dijk.
This page is maintained by Enna van Dijk.