To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

File problems

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working with the DISCO tool. When I try to import the following dataset: https://data.4tu.nl/repository/uuid:5f3067df-f10b-45da-b98b-86ae4c7a310b into DISCO, I get the following notice: 

However, after I press OK, a process model is created. Therefore, I'm not sure if this is a problem or not.

I'd like to hear from you.. 

Comments

• Dear,

As this is a question on the data set of the BPI Challenge 2017, I've moved your question into this category.

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • Thank you Eric, I did not notice the seperate catergory
  • Hello,
    I have the same problem but I didn't find any solutions yet. could you help me, please?
    Kind regards,
    Mostafa
  • Hi,

I guess you'd better ask the developers of Disco...

As far as I know, Disco tries to match every start event to a complete event and vice versa: If you start an activity, you should end it at some point in time. Apparently, this matching failed for many events. I may be (don't know by heart) that the event log indeed contains more complete events than start events (or the other way around). If os, you will always get the error from Disco.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,

Thank you, Eric.

I reported the problem to the Disco. I noticed that this error cuts half of my data. So the event is 561,671 now instead of 1,202,267!
    Is there any solutions to fix it by myself? to any tools that I can use it?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
    Mostafa

• Dear Mostafa,

What you could do is to create a new log filtering in only the events that are either start or complete. You can do that with ProM, for example with the "Filter Log using Simple Heuristics" plugin . I know that the BPIC 2017 log has many events that are neither, and this may just resolve your problems.

Of course, the question is whether you need these other events for your purposes.

Kind regards,
    Eric.