To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Convert sound Petri Net to Process Tree

lcalca Posts: 22
Has there been any research on converting a sound Petri net to a Process Tree? If it's not possible why?

Comments

• Hi,

To my best knowledge, there are some related works that answer your questions.
    First, you can convert a Petri net to the so-called RPST (refined process structure tree). Note that RPSR is slightly different from the process tree.  Refer to the paper https://bpt.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/pub/Public/ArtemPolyvyanyy/PVV_WSFM10.pdf for more detail.
    Then, there is a tool implementation in ProM that named "Generating RPST from Accepting Petri net" that support this transformation.

Hope it helps.
    All the best,
    Cong 

• hverbeekhverbeek Posts: 455
    In general, this is not possible. See, for example, the following sound WF net:
    The structure of this net is too complex to be captured by a process tree (given the current set of operator nodes).

Kind regards,

Eric.

image.png 23K