To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Petri net editing

Mousavi
edited June 2011 in ProM 6

Hi friends,
I use ProM6 as a developer.I want to make a part of a petri net that it is like picture that I attached it .How can I implement this? How can I implement
non-observable tasks (AND-split and AND-join) ?
with best regards
Mousavi

pic.png 15.1K

Comments

• Hi Mousavi, 

Do you want to edit the Petri net outside of ProM or within the code? For manual Petri net creation, I can recommend the Yasper petri net modeler, which works well together with ProM (see http://www.yasper.org/). Yasper exports Petri nets as PNML files that can be read by ProM. 

But I am not sure whether this helps in your case. 

Good luck, 
    Anne
  • Hi Anne,
    Thank you for your help ,I want to edit the Petri net within the code,and exactly I need to edit a apart of the Petri net like the picture that I attached it .I mean that I need to use  
    non-observable tasks (AND-split and AND-join) in the model, how was implemented they in ProM6 ?how can I use them ?

cheer,
    Mousavi

• Hi Mousavi,

Transitions have a public function 'setInvisible' to set the (in)visibility. I think that you are looking for this option?

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos Buijs,
    Does it mean that If I want to add a AND-split node like that one in the picture,I should add a transition in a suitable place in model and after that I should set that invisible?
  • If you need a 'dedicated' AND split place then yes, add a transition, mark it invisible and connect it to the places.
    You can of course use an existing transitions (/event/activity) to form the AND-split. Say, if you have A followed by both B and C in parallel then A could also be the AND-split.

Let me know if this answers your question :)
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos Buijs,
    I know that when A followed by both B and C in parallel then A could also be the AND-split,did you see the Petri net that I attached? I want to coding a situation like that model, I think that I can do it with that option that you said . is it true ? :)

• Yes, you can indeed implement this by adding a dedicated AND-split and AND-join transition and marking them invisible.

I was just making sure you didn't unnecessarily add dedicated routing transitions when there is no direct need for :)

Let me know if you succeed in implementing this in ProM 6!
    Joos Buijs

• only another one question :),  Is dedicated AND-split and AND-join transition an special Transition?
    or only I should add a transition and set it as a invisible transition ?
  • It is no special transition, it is just that the sole purpose of this transition is to function as an AND-join/split and does not 'implement' an activity that is executed by a user/system.
    Joos Buijs

• Dear Joos Buijs
    Thanks alot for your help :)
    cheer,
    Mousavi