To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Debugging ProM 6.8 plugins

Hello,

I currently have ProM 6.8 installed on my Ubuntu machine, and I am trying to use the Anti-Alignment Precision/Generalization plugin from the AntiAlignment package, but when ProM tries to render the outcome, I get a Java error (Unable to produce the requested visualization). 

Is this a common error message, and how can I try to fix it? 

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Hi,

Can you post a more complete stack trace? This may allow us to see where the problem is.

Did you visualize the model beforehand? If not, doing so may help.

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • Thank you for your quick response! 

Which model do I need to visualize, the input or the output?  

This is the complete stack trace:

Unable to produce the requested visualization
    Error Message
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass   as a parameter to a plugin
    Debug Information for Reporting
    Visualizer: Model Projected with Alignments
    Stack trace: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass   as a parameter to a plugin
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(SwingWorker.java:602)
    at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture.get(ProMFuture.java:119)
    at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.PluginExecutionResultImpl.synchronize(PluginExecutionResultImpl.java:106)
    at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.model.ProMView$1.run(ProMView.java:305)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass   as a parameter to a plugin
    at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor.prepareAndWaitForArgs(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:41)
    at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor.access$000(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:22)
    at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor$1.doInBackground(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:134)
    at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture$1.doInBackground(ProMFuture.java:56)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    ... 1 more
  • You may need to visualize the input model first.

If you are replaying an event log on a Petri net, then the replay results are projected onto the visualized Petri net. It then may help to visualize this Petri net first, before replay data is projected onto it.

As far as I can see from the stack trace, the visualization failed (by returning null), but the stack trace does not show me why as it includes no trace of the visualizer itself.

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • I'll try if that helps, thank you!

• Otherwise, please check the console output, as this may contain more useful (diagnostic) information. You could copy-paste parts here, I guess.