To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How can I check the conformance of test cases with the process model that draw manually in WoPeD?

HI, I draw process model manually in WoPeD and create test cases but I don't know how should I check the conformance with the model (the "Replay a log on Petri Net for Conformance Analysis" plugin is not available for accepted petri net). I am really stuck. Can you tell me which plugin I should use?Thank you so much.
It would be great if i can get little help on that.

Comments

• Hi,

You can either 'unpack' the accepting Petri net into a regular Petri net and then use the regular replayer on that regular Petri net, or you can run the recomposing replayer on the accepting Petri net. If using the latter, I recommend to deselect all activities in the "Select decomposable activities" step and to accept the defaults in the other steps.

For the former: You can 'pack' a regular Petri net into an accepting Petri net, and 'unpack' an accepting Petri net into a regular Petri net.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Thank you very much for your response

In conjunction with the first solution

At the first I 'unpack' the accepting Petri net into a regular Petri net and then used "Replay a log on Petri Net for Conformance Analysis" plugin but I came across this exception: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException

While im sure there isn't null value in log

And for second solution

I used "Replay using recomposition " plugin but in the result move on log and move on model are zero. can you tell me Why the value of these metrics are zero?

Once again I am very much thankful for the response

My simple log, petri and result are in the below.

• Hi,

Given the visualization of the accepting Petri net, you do not seem to have a final marking. For the replay, final markings are required, as they indicate the target states to reach. As now, the replayer cannot reach a target state, hence, there will be no alignment for the trace.

It could also be that you have the empty marking as final marking. This does not work for similar reasons, as the empty marking cannot be reached.

Please add a (non-empty) final marking containing the rightmost place to the accepting Petri net. The most simple way (as far as I can see), is to unpack it, and pack it again.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi, thank you very much for the remark
    I used the 'create Final marking' plug-in to add a final marking but I came across this error: 

Unable to produce the requested visualization

Error Message

The visualiser for Final marking of Unlabeled net returned null. Please select another visualiser

therefore after that I put one token in the end place of the accepting petri net by WoPeD but the final results are still zero

• hverbeek said:
    Hi,

Given the visualization of the accepting Petri net, you do not seem to have a final marking. For the replay, final markings are required, as they indicate the target states to reach. As now, the replayer cannot reach a target state, hence, there will be no alignment for the trace.

It could also be that you have the empty marking as final marking. This does not work for similar reasons, as the empty marking cannot be reached.

Please add a (non-empty) final marking containing the rightmost place to the accepting Petri net. The most simple way (as far as I can see), is to unpack it, and pack it again.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
    I realized now. Thank you very much for the fast and very useful reply.i got the expected results.
  • Hi, when I made Petri net somewhat more complicated(you can look in the next image), your method( unpack it, and pack it again) did not respond to determine final marking :(
    please tell me what should i do?Thank you very much
    you can look the final process in the next image.Thank you again

• Hi,

Apologies. Instead of 'packing' the Petri net, please run the "Create Accepting Petri Net" plug-in. This will set the initial and final marking of the accepting Petri net to the source place and the sink place. If running the GUI-aware version of the plug-in, you can even configure both markings.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Thank you very much. I am really grateful.