To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How can I install prom6.5.1 in mac book pro?

I download ‘Mac with bundle app’ from http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=prom651,and the JDK environment has been configured.Then I run Unzip file of installation package. But the installation cannot continue, showing the following details: button returned:好 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0 >>> All dependencies have been resolved Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: class sun.management.BaseOperatingSystemImpl cannot be cast to class com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean (sun.management.BaseOperatingSystemImpl is in module java.management of loader 'bootstrap'; com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean is in module jdk.management of loader 'bootstrap') at org.processmining.framework.util.OsUtil.getPhysicalMemory(OsUtil.java:124) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMPackageListBrowser.(PMPackageListBrowser.java:67) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMWorkspaceBrowser.setupUI(PMWorkspaceBrowser.java:102) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMWorkspaceBrowser.(PMWorkspaceBrowser.java:44) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMWorkspaceView.(PMWorkspaceView.java:30) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMMainView.(PMMainView.java:64) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMController.(PMController.java:31) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMFrame.(PMFrame.java:36) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:64) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:500) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.ReflectAccess.newInstance(ReflectAccess.java:128) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newInstance(ReflectionFactory.java:350) at java.base/java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:645) at org.processmining.framework.boot.Boot.boot(Boot.java:250) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMFrame.main(PMFrame.java:109) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0 >>> All dependencies have been resolved Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: class sun.management.BaseOperatingSystemImpl cannot be cast to class com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean (sun.management.BaseOperatingSystemImpl is in module java.management of loader 'bootstrap'; com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean is in module jdk.management of loader 'bootstrap') at org.processmining.framework.util.OsUtil.getPhysicalMemory(OsUtil.java:124) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMPackageListBrowser.(PMPackageListBrowser.java:67) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMWorkspaceBrowser.setupUI(PMWorkspaceBrowser.java:102) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMWorkspaceBrowser.(PMWorkspaceBrowser.java:44) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMWorkspaceView.(PMWorkspaceView.java:30) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMMainView.(PMMainView.java:64) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMController.(PMController.java:31) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMFrame.(PMFrame.java:36) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:64) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:500) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.ReflectAccess.newInstance(ReflectAccess.java:128) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newInstance(ReflectionFactory.java:350) at java.base/java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:645) at org.processmining.framework.boot.Boot.boot(Boot.java:250) at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.UI.main(UI.java:56) How can I finish my installation of prom? Thank you in advance. Yahui Tang

Comments

• Hi,

I think you need to try another JDK. Did you install an Oracle JDK?

Why are you trying to install an older version of ProM? We have a MAc bunlde for ProM 6.9 available at http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=prom69.

As you mention Mac, I do hope that you are not using Catalina, as this is a problem. ProM will start on Catalina, but many of the more interesting plugins (like the alignment-based replay plug-ins and inductive visual miner) will not run. This is due to the fact that these plug-in rely on a 32 bit library, and as per Catalina MacOS has dropped support for 32 bit libraries. This holds for all versions of ProM.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi,eric I have download ‘Mac with 64-bit JRE8 and bundle app’ from https://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/1359/how-can-i-install-prom6-5-1-in-mac-book-pro#latest,but it can not be open. And I have install an jdk with java version "15.0.1" Tang Yahui
  • Hi,

ProM 6.5.1 was never released with a bundled JRE8. On Windows, ProM 6.5.1 came possibly bundled with JRE7, but on Mac no JRE was bundled. ProM 6.5.1 will not work on Java 9 or newer, like on your JDK 15.0.1.

Please download ProM 6.9 for Mac from http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=prom69, which does come with a JRE8. This should solve your problems (unless you're using Catalina, as mentioned earlier).

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi Eric:

I have uninstall JDK 15.0.1 and download "Mac with 64-bit JRE8 and bundle app"from http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=prom69,  but the installation package could not be opened.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,

I'm not a regular Mac user, but as far as I recall, after unzipping the file, you only need to drag the unpacked contents (ProM-6.9.app) into the apps folder. After that, it should work. If not, there is not a lot I can do to help you.

You mention that "the installation package could not be opened". What do you mean exactly with this?

Kind regards,
    Eric.