To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

REST APIs

Hello ,

I'm asking if someone already building the REST APIs around Prom . 
Those APIs will be integrated in my website (developed with React Js and node Js) in order to be able to visualize the different process provided by Prom .

Any support can be a good advance for my master thesis

Best Regards.

Comments

• Hi!

For my own thesis i am going to lift some plugins out of prim and run them in self supporting docker containers. These will naturally have their own REST apis as docker containers communicate over network protocols.

I do not have a working container as of yet but will have within a few weeks and would be happy to provide you with a description of how this is made possible.

I would be thrilled to combine forces and perhaps split some of the work, if my approach sounds feasible to you.

One thing to note, is that lifting prom plugins that predate major relase 6.x is thought to be difficult as these do not separate the front and back end. The gui is baked into the plugin itself, as opposed to plugins published after 6.x where they are properly divided.

Lifting individual plugins into containers should be doable without major hurdles. There are several other posts of people who have lifted part of ProM to be included in other applications.
  • All plugins are distributed as packages and therefore share the same structure. This allows them to be easily downloaded from the prom package manager. This is a huge benefit as this would also imply that once you have found out how to lift a plugin of type x then the process would most likely be very similar for other plugins.

I.e., solve it for one plugins and you have the recipe for how to solve it for all others.
  • Here is a simple docker image with a python flask web server that can discover a process model.
    I have used the PM4PY library and wrapped it in flask. Simply upload a valid .xes file and get back a process tree, discovered using the inductive miner algorithm. This can then also be translated to BPMN.

Here is the repo: https://github.com/hpl002/pea-control-flow-discovery

Publishing the image soon, buy for now you can build it yourself.

Hope this helps!