To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Can I import a Visio file to ProM?

robin
edited August 2011 in Process Mining

Hi everyone,

I'm now working toward the similarity measure of business process models. To be clear, I want to get the similarity score for the given two processes. How can I directly import the two processes into ProM? For example, I first draw the process using Microsoft Visio and get an *.vsd file. Then load it into ProM. Please tell me how to do this. Thanks so much.

Br,

Robin 

Edit Joos Buijs: moved to correct category

Comments

• Hi Robin,

If I recall correctly ProM 5 could import Visio models but I'm not really sure.

I would recommend to use a tool like Yasper (http://www.yasper.org/) to create Petri Nets which can be loaded into ProM 5 and ProM 6 for further analysis.

I hope this answers your question.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

Thanks so much for your insightful suggestion. It's so sorry that I am not familiar with Petri Net. As a resutl, I'd prefer EPCs as the process modelling language.

I am so glad that ProM could support the VDX file, generated by Microsoft Visio. However, I find that the labels of events and functions of the EPC drawn by Visio will change when the EPC is imported into ProM, as shown in the attachment. Would you pls tell me why it happen and how to handle it?

Thanks again.

Br,

Robin

• Hi Robin,

I'm not sure what caused this.
    Does this topic help you any further?
    http://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/comment/125
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos and Robin,

I am facing a similar issue. The problem ist not only, that my labeled function changes to a function with label F1. If I have more functions the numbers are even not in a certain order. After F1 I've got F3 and afterwards F25, then F7 and so on.. (Please have a look at the attached file)

So how can I influence at least the correct order of the functions?

Thanks in advance.

kind regards,

antje

• I have no idea. It might be best to find the author of that plug-in and point him to this topic, although I don't think that a bugfix will be provided since ProM 5.2 has been put on hold to focus all development on ProM 6.
    Joos Buijs