To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Problem in following XESame Tutorial

yhchan
edited November 2011 in - XESame
Hi, 

I'm trying to follow the tutorial about running XESame example (http://www.processmining.org/xesame/examples)
I have difficulty in specifying the jdbc driver location. I have no other database tools installed yet, so I tried to use
the built-in driver shipped with the rt.jar of standard java installation.

Platform: Window 7 (64 bit), Java 1.6 (64bit), ODBC setting (Microsoft Text Driver - 32bit)

When I clicked the "Test Connection" button, it responded nothing and the screen capture shows it failed to 
load/access the required resources. Is there any missing in my configuration? 

If it is better to use a proper JDBC/ODBC driver, please suggest. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Yam Hon

### Edited: 2011-11-17 ###
And i changed the jvm used to invoke the XESame application to match what i specified in the XESame GUI, but no effect in attempting to 
solve the problem (Capture2.png)

Yam Hon

Comments

• Hi Yam Hon,

When you are using the standard JDBC-ODBC bridge as you are then you don't need to specify a database driver.
    I should make it more clear in the GUI that this field is optional. I use it for instance when I need to connect to a Oracle or PostGre database and don't want to go via ODBC.

Let me know if it works now.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos,

Thanks very much for that information. I created a new mapping and left the jar location cleared, 
    and I now can proceed the tutorial. Apart making it on GUI that the field is optional, is it possible
    to have a feature to "Clear" that field in case of accidentally setting that value?

Best Regards,
    Yam Hon 
  • Noted :)
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology