To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How do I create a mapping from MySQL to xes?

dianac
edited December 2011 in - XESame
Hi all,

I am facing an issue trying to create a mapping between an mysql database and the xes format. I successfully created the connection, put on the Log the properties (the table from which should get the log events) and the links that I need. I also defined the attributes that I need.

The problem is when it's trying to create the query I am getting the following error:

2011-12-11 18:06:04: (DEBUG) We are about to run the following query to extract the items for Log:
SELECT activity.description AS [activity], actor.name AS [actor] FROM (action  INNER JOIN activity on activity.id = action.activityid) INNER JOIN actor on actor.id = action.actorid
2011-12-11 18:06:04: (ERROR) There is an error in the query (turn on 'debug' mode to see it) to fetch the information for Log
2011-12-11 18:06:04: (ERROR) You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[activity], actor.name AS [actor] FROM (action  INNER JOIN activity on activity.' at line 1

The problem here is that in mysql the as [activity] syntax seems to be incorrect. Do you think I should use a different driver ? Or I should use a csv file to import my data ?

Thanks,
Diana

Answers

• I got it to work .. didn't see the SQL separators on the connection tab the first time.