To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Question about the graph type of the alpha algorithm

JBuijs
edited February 2011 in - Usage
On behalf of Tahereh Sadat Mousavi who asked the following question to Eric Verbeek:

Dear Eric.,

I have a beginner question about  Petri Net models that  are output
of Alpha algorithm, are they  directed multi graphs ? I think , output of
Alpha algorithm can be a cyclic graph ,is it true?

Do you know an algorithm that can find all paths form start node to end node in
these graphs?

Thank you very much in advance

With best regard

Tahereh
Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Comments

• Reply of Eric:

Dear Tahereh,

They are directed graphs, but I do not understand your “multi
    graphs”. Yes, the output of the Alpha algorithm can be a graph that contains
    cycles, therefore, the result is not necessarily acyclic. In general, there is
    no algorithm to find all paths in a cyclic graph, as (due to the cycles) the
    number of paths is infinite.

Cheers,

Eric.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi,
    Can anybody send me the link of plugin of alpha plus plus algorithm in order to use in prom.I will be thankful to you.
    email id: nipaned59@yahoo.com
    Thanks