To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

ProM 6 Visualization with Swing Classes (JPanel, JSplitPaneetc.) Not Working

keith_low
edited August 2012 in - Development
Hi,

I'm working on a ProM plug-in, which uses JFreeGraph and a lot of other swing components such as JPanel/JSplitPane/JLabel etc. On my previous computer, the visualization works fine (I'm displaying a JSplitPane onto ProM), however, after I reformatted my computer, it doesn't display anything any more.

Before I reformat my computer, I had committed all my workspace file onto the SVN, and re-download the project files after I reformat. However, everything works fine except the visualization. Nothing appeared in the visualization area, the "view resource" button isn't even click-able. I make use of a JFrame to portray my results on a pop-up message dialog and it worked fine.

There's no error message appearing in the error log, so I'm not too sure where to start my troubleshooting. I would appreciate any help that I can get.

Here's the section of the code that I used to display the visualization:

@Plugin(name = "Cost Visualization", parameterLabels = { "Cost Annotated Event Log" }, returnLabels = { "Graphical Cost Report" }, returnTypes = { JSplitPane.class }, userAccessible = true)
@UITopiaVariant(uiLabel = "Cost Visualization", affiliation = UITopiaVariant.EHV, author = "Keith Low Wei Zhe", email = "weizhe_1990@hotmail.com")

public JSplitPane CreateCostPerResourceReport(PluginContext context, XLog log) {
GenerateResourceCostReport(context, log); //process the log and mine for the data

return Display(CostReportPieChart2D()); //get the mined data and return an initial display
}

Please let me know if anyone need more information. Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Keith

Answers

• hi I have the same problem!!

let me know if you could fix it

cheers
  • Hi Aspi,

Sure! Will do! Unfortunately currently I'm still having this problem..

To the others:

Recently the visualization for the event log isn't appearing too. When I import an event log, even the visualization for the log (number of traces, activity details, etc.) doesn't display too. I wonder whether the reason is that I upgraded and installed ProM 6.2 (But I think it should be a totally unrelated problem)?

Cheers,
    Keith
  • Hi Keith,

I can not help you with the first problem but the second one indicates that you did not install the correct packages. You can try to run the package manager again and install the 'log' package (which contains the visualization you mention).
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi

I could visualize the swing components, I install the package "All package" whit the "prom package mananger" and it worked!!

I hope this help

cheers

• Hi Joos & Aspi,

I've installed both AllPackage and Log package from the package manager, but it doesn't appear too (Nothing appeared in the visualization area, the "view resource" button isn't even click-able). I'm not sure whether I did something wrong with my eclipse/ProM.

Cheers,
    Keith