To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Event logs

[Deleted User]
edited November 2010 in - ProMimport
Hi,

I am new to PROM. I want to check whether it is possible to have a single MXML containing event logs from various systems. In my case, I want to mine the process flow across IBM websphere process servers, For a single BPEL the services are spread across 2 different process servers. Is it possible to have a single mxml file generated that can identity the flow across the different process server (Currently with IBM websphere plugin I can generate mxml for individual Process ID)or is to possible to combine  different petri charts 

Comments

• Hi Ramyar,

If I understand you correctly you have 1 process of which parts are executed on 2 different servers. Together they cover the complete BPEL process.
    As you said, you are able to get 2 separate event logs, one of each server.
    What you want to do is to merge the traces present in each of these event logs so each trace (Process Instance in MXML) contains all the events executed for that trace, on either of the 2 servers.
    Merging the traces of these two MXML files and correctly sorting the events could be done using XSLT schema transformations.

Another option would be to include two processes in the MXML file (this is supported in MXML but not in the new event log format XES). Although I'm not sure how different process mining algorithm handle this.

I hope this answers your questions and helps you further. If not, please let us know!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi JBuijs,

I had a similar problem in which I would like to merge the data in two different MXML files.  The data is in the same format.  Can this be done through ProM or some sort of other workaround?