To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

create traces from given csv file and then convert it to xes format

khitamsalman
edited October 2013 in - XESame
I have a file of csv format with many ation of different users (event log). I have to find the traces that each user have and save the resulting founded traces in csv file format and then sould convert the resulting file to XES file format, can any one help me to do this?!
Thanks in advance.

Khitam

Best Answer

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer
    Dear Khitam,

You can also do this directly from the source CSV to XES files per user.
    Just create a mapping from the original CSV file in XESame to an XES file. However, only select those traces that belong to a particular user. Then run XESame and name the resulting XES file correctly.

For more information on how to define a mapping, please see my master thesis, available from http://www.processmining.org/xesame/start
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology