To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Fuzzy Miner significance formula

lauraUnivpmlauraUnivpm Posts: 20
edited February 2014 in - Usage

Hi all,

I'm studying the Fuzzy Miner plugin. I get the main ideas of the technique; however I dont' understand how the final significance metric is actually calculated. In the plugin description I read that the various possible metrics are aggregated, but how? I mean, let's suppose that I use the standard configuration (all metrics are active and weight is 1): what is the formula used to obtain the final numeric value that appears on the square nodes of the graph?

Thank you very much,

Laura

Best Answers

• FotisFotis Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

Hi Laura,

I would like to ask you if you had any kind of answer at your question because I'm really interested in this question.

Thank you in advance,

Fotios

• JBuijsJBuijs Posts: 914
    Answer ✓

Although I don't know the Fuzzy miner by heart, I believe the metrics are discussed in detail in the paper(s) by Christian Guenther (et al.) regarding the Fuzzy miner. Hope this little hint helps you further :) (although I agree that the metrics calculation itself can be a bit fuzzy too)