To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Difference between Heuristic net to Petri net converters

fordanic
edited February 2015 in ProM 6

I've for the last couple of weeks been using both ProM 5.2 and ProM 6.4.1 since there are some features available in ProM 5.2 which I can't find in ProM 6.4.1. Anyhow, I started to compare the results of some of the plugins available in both. When running the Heuristic Miner on the same log the resulting Heuristic Net look quite similar. However, a major difference appear when I convert the Heuristic Net to a Petri Net. The resulting Petri Net in ProM 6.4.1 is so much more complex than the resulting Petri Net in ProM 5.2. Is there a reason for this?

Answers

• Dear Fordanic,

In general, the plug-ins in ProM 6(.4.1.) are more recent and therefore more mature, in general.

I assume in your particular example that ProM 5 ran additional Petri net reduction algorithms. In ProM 6 this is seperated in a seperate plugin (Murata reduction or reduce Petri net is it called from the top of my head). Therefore, you might want to try this, reducing the Petri net, to see if your results in ProM 6 come close to those of ProM 5.

Hope this helps!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Reduce Silent Transitions seemed to do it. However, think I'm sticking with ProM 5.2 for the Heuristics net mining since I'do prefer the visualization used in ProM 5.2 for Heuristics nets over the one used in ProM 6.4.1.