To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Cascade tokens producing and consuming

zmlzeze
edited April 2015 in Process Mining

In my Petri-Net model there are AND structures and when applying conformance checking using the model, some cascade tokens producing and consuming are performed, which decreases fitness score severely. (Shown in the attached figure) Is it more reasonable to only produce once until the produced ones cannot fire all the transitions next to the adjacent transition instead of consuming the tokens right after finishing the adjacent transition?

Best Answer

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer

Dear zmlzeze,

I think I understand your problem: you suggest to have a mismatch earlier in the process, such that the many activities in parallel would be executed correctly, and the overall fitness would be higher.

This is exactly why the alignments based conformance checking has been implemented, which takes these considerations into account. See also my reply to your other question here on the ProM forum.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology