To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Dotted Chart Plug-in in ProM 6.5.1

Hello,
I've updated to the version 6.5.1 of ProM and I can't find any plug-in related to the previous dotted chart. Has it been placed in another package or renamed ?
Regards,
Benjamin
Benjamin Dalmas
PhD Student - Blaise Pascal University - Clermont-Ferrand

Comments

• Hello Benjamin,

I have checked in my ProM whether I have it. I found it under the name 'Analyze using Dotted Chart'. It might be that it is included in the extra packages which are available trough the ProM 6.5 package manager. Let me know whether you've found it.
  • Hello Erik,

As it does not appear in the package manager 6.5.1, I assume you're right. Is there a way to import plug-ins from a previous version ?
    Benjamin Dalmas
  • Maybe it is best to try a re-install, I've not done anything special to my installation and added only several extra plugins trough the prom package manager. Once again, I am not sure whether I imported the 'Analyze Dotted Chart' plugin but it does not matter. It should be included in either the installation or available trough the package manager. I am not knowledgeable about whether or not it is possible to import plug-ins from previous versions.
  • No matter how many time a reinstall, it does not appear in the PManager of ProM6.5.1 :( So I will go on with the 6.5 version !
    Thanks anyway Erik !

Benjamin Dalmas
  • Dear Bendalmas and Erik,

In ProM 6.5.1. the original Dotted Chart has been removed due to performance and maintenance issues. It has been replaced by a visualizer of the event log (e.g. open the event log dashboard (click the eye-icon) and then on the top right dropdown select 'Dotted Chart').

This new Dotted chart has more features than the old one and can handle extremely large logs with ease.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos,

could You tell more specific how to get to Dotted chart? I don't know which Action to choose.
  • Hi,

The dotted chart is not an action, but a view on an event log (XLog) object.
    So select the event log in your object view, click the eye-icon and select the dotted chart from the grey dropdown box on the top left of the ProM window.

Hope this helps!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thanks Joos!
    Could you also please give a hint on where to:
    * change the dotted chart to relative time, so that all cases start on the x-axis with their first event?
    * find the legend for the color attribute?
  • Hi Martine,

1. Set the 'X Axis Attribute' to 'E: time:timeSinceCaseStart', you might also want to set the trace sorting to time:duration of Trace.
    2. The legend is available is you start the Dotted Chart via the actions (which is now an option!). E.g.: click the play button on an event log, search for dotted chart and run it. This shows the dotted chart, but now with an inspector pop-up dialog.
    Joos Buijs

• Thanks again. question nr 1 is resolved, nr 2 not yet:
    When I search for "dotted" via actions, there is no result. When I search for "chart". it  finds three results with PPM in their name (I am using Prom 6.5.1, which I downloaded last week). A suggestion?

• Hi Martine,

Are you sure that you have 1 event log (or nothing) on the input (=left) side?
    Otherwise try ProM 6.6 or ProM lite 1.1, could be that this was added in the mean time.
    Joos Buijs

• ProM Lite 1.1 did the trick. Thanks.