To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Healthcare Analysis Methodologies

Hello,

Some papers highlight new methodology/roadmaps (for example : Bozkaya et al. 2009 ; Caron et al. 2013) in order to better analyse processes especially the ones executed in healthcare/clinical environments.
But I cannot find any paper comparing several methods and evaluating the qualities of the models produced.
Have some of you already performed one (or more) of these methodologies to assesss their effectiveness compared to one another ?

Benjamin
Benjamin Dalmas
PhD Student - Blaise Pascal University - Clermont-Ferrand

Comments

• Dear Benjamin,

I don't think such a study has been done, since the evaluation/comparison would be difficult. I would consider them mainly as guidelines/recommendations/best practices.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello Benjamin,

I am not sure if this will help your inquiry but there is a Springer Brief that was released recently with the title: "Process Mining in Healthcare: Evaluating and Exploiting Operational Healthcare Processes" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3319160702?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00). I bought a copy and it's a good reference. There is a healthcare reference model that may be useful for your research. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Gerald